Chicken with Tomato and Mozzarella
If you’re hungry and in the mood to try something new then this is for you! It’s quick, simple, yummy and you should have all the equipment you need already.
- 1 chicken breast per person (each around 150 g/5 1/4 oz)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tomato
- ½ a packet of mozzarella cheese (around 60 g/2 oz)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of a vegetable oil – e.g. sunflower
- Preheat the grill (if you don’t have a grill, don’t worry).
- Rinse the tomato and slice evenly.
- Slice the mozzarella evenly.
- Put the oil into a pan (preferably a frying pan or a shallow one with a large base).
- Cook the chicken breast(s) in the pan for approximately 10 minutes – make sure you turn them so they cook evenly.
- Cover the top of the chicken breast(s) with tomato, and freshly ground pepper. Then cover with mozzarella.
- Put the pan in the grill for approximately 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is throughly cooked. If you don’t have a grill then transfer the chicken to a plate and microwave in 1-2 minute bursts, or leave in the pan and turn down the heat until thoroughly cooked.
Despite the fact the chicken is fried because you are frying it in vegetable oil it’s not unhealthy! This yummy meal contains good fats and enough calories to keep you going. You can serve it with a green salad, rice, or pasta (with tomato sauce).